PlayStation 4, a video game console, was released in November 2013 by Sony. It was the successor of Play Station 3 and it had a big improvement in graphics, processor, RAM and storage memory. Overall, PS4 was a big step forward for Sony and it was a great opponent to the Xbox One.
There are 2 versions of PS4 available: normal (500GB) and PS4 Pro (1TB, 4K available).
It's important to mention that I do own a PS4, so I know what I'm talking about.
- PS4 offers many hours of fun. It's very easy to just turn it on, sit back and start you favorite game.
- PS4 offers a newly designed controller called "Dual Shock 4". DS4 is really comfortable to play with and the colors on back are mildly interesting.
- It's (currently) around 100$ cheaper than the Xbox One but offers the same quality as Xbox One.
- It has many titles, some even specially designed and made for the PS4 (The Last of Us Remastered, DriveClub, The Order: 1886...)
- It's graphics and processor speed are solid, not the best but deffinately not the worst. It's nice to play HD games on PS4.
- PS4 has a lot of storage. The minimum storage is 500GB and that's enough for 7 AAA games. You can also connect external storage devices!
- VR experience is very solid. I can't say it's great but it's really nice to play games with VR headset.
- PS4 isn't just worth it's price. Currently selling at around 400$, PS4 just doesn't offer enough for it's price.
- The graphics could be better. As I said, they aren't the worst, but for the price your paying, Sony could step up their game.
- PS4 doesn't support cross-platform play. This means you can play your multiplayer game(s) only with people that own PS4.
- It's loud and takes up a lot of space. It's also an expensive dust collector.
- PlayStationNetwork is often down and it's a hassle to set it up. It's also very vurnable to hacker and DDOS attacks.
- You need PlayStationPlus to play multiplayer and it's not as cheap as you think.
More sources, news and info for look at you:
- Official Sony's website: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4/
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4
- Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/
- IGN: http://www.ign.com/ps4
I don't say I regret buying PS4 in the first place, but If I could go back in time, I really wouldn't buy it. I played it activelly for a month and then stopped since I got bored pretty fast.
However, it's up to you to decide whether to buy PS4 or not. I hope my article will make you make a decision a bit easier!