Community

How it works

Interested in getting rewards for free?
    $5 for every new user with code: EARNWEB5
    Register in browser or download mobile app to redeem your bonus:
    Register Download
    Earnweb QR

500 Go away or I'll put a spell on you

Has anyone got this problem right now? It seems that I can't log in in the website version as of the moment. Does this mean they're having a maintenance check?

29 april 2019 16:45 1628

Not having any trouble here, on laptop by the way

29 april 2019 17:50 1628

500 - is an error code also known as a "500 Internal Server Error".

The “Internal Server Error” can occur when the request is processed by the web server. The collective status code includes everything unplanned that can happen on the server and prevent the website from being loaded. The server error 500 probably happens because an error has occurred in the configuration of the web server. Here is a selection of typical error sources:

Permission error: The permissions of the main files and folders are not set correctly.

PHP timeout: The script tries to access an external resource and experiences a timeout.

Incorrect code in .htaccess: The structure in a .htaccess file could be wrong.

Error in syntax or code in CGI/Perl scripts: In some cases, scripts are incorrect. Paths, especially, can be misaligned.

PHP memory limit: A process exceeds memory and therefore cannot be executed correctly.

In the case of WordPress sites or other content management systems, installing a faulty or incompatible extension can also be the cause. Plugins and themes – especially from third-party providers – can affect the entire website.

I hope this helps, but still you should contact Misty and report technical problem!
    Cheers

29 april 2019 17:57 1628

That's a great way of explaining, thank you!

29 april 2019 20:33 1628

To comment you have to be logged in!