Rewards

Community

How it works

Interested in getting rewards for free?
    $5 for every new user with code: EARNWEB5
    Register in browser or download mobile app to redeem your bonus:
    Register Download
    Earnweb QR

Gamehag Updated Terms and Regulations (July 15th)

You can find the conditions of the new update here (it was sent in an email too): https://gamehag.com/terms I am a relatively new user and have only completed a few tasks. I am thankful for the credits I received and have little complaints there. There were three that I have completed from the contracts that were not credited for which I contacted Gamehag directly, and was told that they could not help as they have little control over how contracts are processed. So ultimately, I was not credited and wasted a lot of time. But I also understand that sometimes these things happen. I have mixed feelings about the site based on these experiences, but they alone will not stop me from using it. That said, the new terms will, should they be carried out. I am only sharing this because in the email the terms were sent out, this was also included: "These changes will enter into force on July 15, 2020. Should we not receive your objection by then, the new terms will be applied automatically. If you want to close your account due to the introduction of these changes, you can do so without any consequences, but we will be very sorry that you are leaving us." Which suggests that maybe if enough objection is received, they will amend the new update. If there was no room for response from the users themselves, I would leave and never look back. Now, what exactly is so bad about the new terms and regulations? This: "If during 7 days User will not complete at least one task on the Portal, they shall be affected by Enchantment, which affects the Soul Gems attribution, and his account is given the Enchanted Frog status: a) User is no longer receiving Soul Gems for daily logins; b) User receives only 10% of Soul Gems for creating Articles; c) User does not receive Soul Gems for voting on Articles; d) User does not receive Soul Gems for reporting posts. If during 30 days User will not complete at least one task on the Portal, they shall be affected by Enchantment, which affects the Soul Gems attribution, and his account is given the Slimy Toad status: a) the changes resulting from Enchanted Frog status are sustained; b) every 7 days, 50 Soul Gems is deducted from the user’s account until the Enchantment is lifted." Unless I'm mistaken - for which I apologize for - they are penalizing users for inactivity. The first of which - Enchantment - is not too bad, and almost understandable. If users do not complete tasks, the site does not earn any revenue, and through daily logins and upvoting articles, are essentially losing money. The second is horrible. It is essentially stealing. You are either forcing users to cash out their soul gems in order not to lose them (while likely having remaining gems they will lose anyway), or complete tasks (that are not even guaranteed to be credited due to technical error) at the expense of their own time, energy, and sometimes money. If a user cannot perform a task in 30 days, or several months, or even year, they should not be penalized by having the gems they earned taken away. Lastly, I am posting this thread, and specifically here as opposed to the "Suggestions and Ideas" subforum for two reasons. One, this change should not be hidden away in a long list of site terms, which is currently the only way to know it is even happening. Two, I saw that in "Suggestions and Ideas," a thread had been posted titled "Slimy Road Status" (this is the link: https://gamehag.com/forum/t/357994-slimy-road-status). However, upon clicking this link, I am automatically redirected back to the general forum page. I have no idea if this is site error or something intentional on their part. Without reading the updated Terms and Regulations, you would not know what this user is talking about when you read the thread title "Slimy Road Status." I am choosing to post this here in hopes other users will see it, and either correct me if I have misunderstood something here (as I am still having a hard time believing any site would implement that type of rule), or understand exactly the kind of site they are choosing to use and take a stance against it. Thank you for reading.

5 july 2020 00:39 1628

Paragraphs, dude. I understand that you're frustrated, but not many people will read through all that texts if you don't break it down. To save anyone else from having to do that, you can read this instead:
    ==================================================
    You can find the conditions of the new update here (it was sent in an email too): https://gamehag.com/terms.

I am a relatively new user and have only completed a few tasks. I am thankful for the credits I received and have little complaints there. There were three that I have completed from the contracts that were not credited for which I contacted Gamehag directly, and was told that they could not help as they have little control over how contracts are processed. So ultimately, I was not credited and wasted a lot of time. But I also understand that sometimes these things happen. I have mixed feelings about the site based on these experiences, but they alone will not stop me from using it. That said, the new terms will, should they be carried out.

I am only sharing this because in the email the terms were sent out, this was also included: "[...]Should we not receive your objection by then, the new terms will be applied automatically." Which suggests that maybe if enough objection is received, they will amend the new update. If there was no room for response from the users themselves, I would leave and never look back.

Now, what exactly is so bad about the new terms and regulations? It's about the new statuses. Unless I'm mistaken - for which I apologize for - they are penalizing users for inactivity. The first of which - Enchantment - is not too bad, and almost understandable. If users do not complete tasks, the site does not earn any revenue, and through daily logins and upvoting articles, are essentially losing money. The second is horrible. It is essentially stealing. You are either forcing users to cash out their soul gems in order not to lose them (while likely having remaining gems they will lose anyway), or complete tasks (that are not even guaranteed to be credited due to technical error) at the expense of their own time, energy, and sometimes money. If a user cannot perform a task in 30 days, or several months, or even year, they should not be penalized by having the gems they earned taken away.

Lastly, I am posting this thread, and specifically here as opposed to the "Suggestions and Ideas" subforum for two reasons. One, this change should not be hidden away in a long list of site terms, which is currently the only way to know it is even happening. Two, I saw that in "Suggestions and Ideas," a thread had been posted titled "Slimy Road Status" (this is the link: https://gamehag.com/forum/t/357994-slimy-road-status). However, upon clicking this link, I am automatically redirected back to the general forum page. I have no idea if this is site error or something intentional on their part. Without reading the updated Terms and Regulations, you would not know what this user is talking about when you read the thread title "Slimy Road Status." I am choosing to post this here in hopes other users will see it, and either correct me if I have misunderstood something here (as I am still having a hard time believing any site would implement that type of rule), or understand exactly the kind of site they are choosing to use and take a stance against it.

Thank you for reading.

6 july 2020 15:04 1628

@fomi
    I actually broke down my post into paragraphs, but upon posting, it removed my line breaks. (I also posted a comment addressing the jumble of a post I made - but it has since disappeared... Sigh.) Thank you though - appreciate the repost immensely.

7 july 2020 03:22 1628

To comment you have to be logged in!