• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

Shattered Pixel Dungeon

Know that feeling, when you just get a sudden urge to play a game, but you don't know which one? Well today I'm bringing you a suggestion: Shattered Pixel Dungeon. This roguelike RPG is sure to kill sime time and keep you entertained for many hours.

About the Game

Shattered Pixel Dungeon( SPD for short ) is actually a very popular mod of the game "Pixel Dungeon" by Watabou. The Reason I am talking about the mod and not the original is because the mod offers a lot more content and is the one most people play.
    SPD is a reguelike dungeon crawler. It is turn-based and filled to the brim with different enemies, loot and all sorts of different things. Originally meant to just fix the original's quirks, the game eventually became what it is today.

Gameplay

The first thing i'm going to mention is that the game is available on desktop and android for free( sorry iOS users, you have to pay to play on those devices ). Now if you search for it on desktop, you might find it on steam for 4.99$. Don't let that discourage you. If you go to the r/pixeldungeon subreddit, the people there will gladly give you a download link for free.

Now, back to the topic.

Classes

First you choose the class you're going to use. Currently, there are 4 main classes, each with its 2 subclasses: Warrior, Huntress, Rogue and Mage. Each of them has its own pros and cons, but they can all be played in many different ways, allowing for a lot of replayability.

lPYqUHTaINyGUSBSPuoM4VF0SNaWXP.jpg
    Your character selection screen

Items

So, there are, a lot, of items in SPD. So I am just going to tell you about a few of them.

Potions

Now, potions are a must-have in dungeon themed games, right? They are mostly health potions and mana potions, but in here, you get to become a truel alchemist. There are 12 potions, all with different effects We can change that, you'll see in about few paragraphs . Healing, Strength and Toxic gas are only some of them.

LPaMZjqyoR23FnsNaLnDVp7l4gdNkY.JPG
    A list of potions from the SPD Wiki

Weapons/ Ranged weapons

All weapons are divided into 5 tiers, with tier 5 being the strongest. You get one from the start, and gradually get stronger ones through enemies' loot, chests and shops.
    To use stronger weapons, you need a higher strength stat, which you raise through the use of strength potions Pretty logical, right?
    The weapons have a variety of effects that can affect your gameplay: longer range, special effect, bonus damage when something is done etc.

5jb7ep8KoDxjHBN6gPNta9lcXxMGL2.JPG
    Some weapons you can obtain in the game

Finding and learning about the other types, I will leave to you. To talk and know about all of the items is impressive, and it means that you truly understand and know how to play the game. This diversity allows players to create a numerous amount of combinations, and fun builds to play with.

SPD is all about trial and error. You will be in that class selection screen many, many times before beating the game for the first time, but don't let that discourage you! Trying over and over again will only make you better. You will be learning from every mistake AND outplay you make. Practice makes perfect, right?

After countless numbers of unsuccessful runs, you will eventually hit the final boss. Now i will let you find about him for yourself, but beating him awards you the goal of the game: the Amulet of Yendor!

HdpkLXfaZfiQ1yJy38gbhfj2baeEQV.jpg
    Moments of pure hapiness after beating the final boss

Out of all possible games, why SPD?

The main reason I would recommend SPD to people is that, it's just fun! The game offers you countless plans, item combinations and secrets to solve in its dungeon halls. The developer often takes ideas from the game's players and is glad to help with any question you have. And hey, if you don't like this one in particular, you can always try other Pixel Dungeon mods, and there are many to choose from so you will not be left bored.

As my final message, the classic gretting of PD players: Happy dungeoneering!

4 april 2020 14:01 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!