• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

The Controversy of The Sims 4

The Sims franchise has accompanied thousands of people throughout their lives for two decades. Although it ranks among the top-selling PC video games, there has been some controvery among older fans about the franchise's latest release.

The Sims 4 was released in 2014, five years after the release of The Sims 3. The game featured a brand-new graphic style and a few new features, but some players still felt that it was a major downgrade from The Sims 3, and even The Sims 2.

Most people who were unsatisfied with the new Sims 4 game claimed that it was boring and redundant, and simply lacked too much of the content available in The Sims 3. However, many of these players owned many or all of the expansion packs that were released after the initial base game. Expansion packs such as Generations, Island Paradise, and Pets were extremely popular and enhanced the gameplay by leaps and bounds. For these players, the dry base game of The Sims 4 was simply too much of a backwards jump from the multilayered gameplay of The Sims 3.

Another issue many Sims 3 players had with The Sims 4 was the lack of an open world. One of the most beloved features of The Sims 3 was its open world, where you could travel from location to location without ever seeing a loading screen. While the open world feature was certainly a lot of fun, it was also the reason why many Sims 3 players experienced endless frustrating and painful lagging and glitching. Presumably, the game developers removed the feature to allow for a smoother and faster gameplay that even players on laptops and older computers could enjoy.

There were also many minor details older fans of the franchise simply did not agree with. While the new Sims 4 game boasted greater customization for the players' sims than ever before, the removal of the clothing and furniture option was met with an outrage. In the past, players were able to customize clothing and furniture with patterns and colours to their liking. Unfortunately, like the open world, it also caused a lot of lagging and glitching, which led to its removal by the game developers. Some fans also didn't find the new graphics as appealing as the older ones. The Sims 4 came with a much brighter, more cartoonish style than its predecessors, and the graphics, according to some, were too unrealistic for their liking.

So, six years later, after the release of numerous expansion packs and countless patch updates, what do people think of The Sims 4?

For the most part, it seems that the vast majority of players have succeeded in making the transition from the older Sims 3 game to the new Sims 4 game. The release of expansion packs allowed those who were used to the extensive gameplay of The Sims 3 to experience a similar, if not better gameplay in The Sims 4. In fact, most of the expansion packs bring some of the exact same features to The Sims 4 as some of the expansion packs from The Sims 3 did. Of course, until the next sims game is released, players can continue to expect new updates and expansions, so there's still plenty to look forward to.

In terms of the open world that some were unhappy with, most players have managed to accept the new changes. In its more recent expansions, The Sims 4 has moved towards a larger space and a slightly more open area between each loading screen. Each lot is carefully designed and although it is no longer an open world, the game developers have made sure that it doesn't take away much from the gameplay. For many older fans, it was just a matter of getting used to.

Since the inital release of the base game back in 2014, the modding community has worked tirelessly to try and make up for the features that the community deemed lacking. For those who preferred a more realistic style for their game, custom content creators have provided the option of Alpha custom content; in other words, realistic-looking custom content. With the lack of gameplay before the release of expansion packs, some of the more experienced modder have created their own. For example, prior to the release of The Sims 4 Discover University, there was a modder than created his own university gameplay. There are also modders that create content that the game developers simply cannot be expected to release. These mods include some of the more mature content, with things like drugs and violence involved. 

Overall, over the course of six years, The Sims 4 has done a pretty good job of redeeming itself, and has proven that the Sims franchise is still going strong, and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

27 march 2020 23:39 1625

I still think that the previous games in the franchise were better. The Sims 4 feels a bit uninspired. Most of the elements are either clones from the previous games, simply recolored and it lacks in features. The packs aren't even worth the price they're being sold for. Ever since EA has shut down Maxis, the game is lacking in detail as well. It doesn't have a life as it used too. The stability of the game has improved compared to The Sims 3 but The Sims 2 still has a lot more stories and elements that keep it fun. Unfortunately, EA has gotten a bit money hungry and tries to get a quick cash grab in any way possible. I wish they focused on the players and gave them a rich experience. The only thing that keeps The Sims afloat nowadays is the active community. They get creative with their builds and the mod community never ceases to amaze.

28 march 2020 02:29 1625

nice article! Very informative for us.

5 april 2020 13:32 1625

this is game sims?

5 april 2020 15:34 1625

Holy S##T That's A Pretty Long Article

6 april 2020 04:19 1625

not bad with great info good job

6 april 2020 07:25 1625

i loved your idea

6 april 2020 07:40 1625

cool arcticle

6 april 2020 08:09 1625

Nice article. I miss the open world actually, and sometimes I would rather just go back to Sims 3, even Sims 1, for the nostalgy of it. I love the Superstar Expansions and Sims 4 didn't nail this one at all. I expected more in many ways.

6 april 2020 13:20 1625

Nice

6 april 2020 13:27 1625

Nice article

6 april 2020 14:21 1625

дуже цікаво

6 april 2020 19:59 1625

There were also many minor

6 april 2020 20:03 1625

The Sims 4 was released in 2014, five years a

6 april 2020 20:04 1625

good job with this article :)

7 april 2020 11:53 1625

Nice article

7 april 2020 12:54 1625

7 april 2020 12:55 1625

nice work man

7 april 2020 13:00 1625

I love The Sims and I wish The Sims 4 had more of the gameplay of the previous games with the same graphic. Because I love the graphic of TS4

21 may 2020 00:49 1625

Nice article

21 may 2020 02:26 1625

Nice article.

21 may 2020 02:28 1625

Great post. THank.

21 may 2020 02:31 1625

21 may 2020 02:31 1625

wow this is really helpful

21 may 2020 02:33 1625

i love this