• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

War Thunder is really fun!

War thunder is a game where you can battle online against many other players. You can take the fights to the air with fighters or you can take the fight to the ground with tanks or you could even take the battles to the sea with ships!  

Well, this article will be placed where you can post-war stories. 

My first story two stories are about my late grandfather. My grandfather was a pilot in the USAF, where he flew turboprop cargo planes. My first story is about a sortie he flew from California to Vietnam. And the second one is about a routine sortie he flew across the US. 

I do not know the year, nor the date this story happened. All I know is that my grandfather was sworn to secrecy because of this incident. He told me one day after his pledge had expired. I do not recall the exact plane model he flew, other than that he flew cargo planes. This story starts in the midst of a war called the Vietnam War. He was tasked with flying his cargo laden plan from California across the Pacific ocean to Vietnam. I do not recall what time of day it was, nor were over the Pacific this occurred. But I do know this. He was one this routine mission, when all of a sudden, off to his 1 o'clock, there was a massive white blast of light that shot up from the ocean into the sky. He said that the beam of light was massive, several miles across, and as brights the sun. He also said that it lasted for a couple of minutes before disappearing. At this time, there was no other aircraft nearby within several hundred miles, and that there were no ships around. To the day he died, he had no idea what it was, and why it was there. All he knew was that officially, this incident never occurred and that the official, the military and government never told him to keep quiet about it.

The other story of his occurred in the late 70s, early 80s time frame. He was on a mission going through his flight zone, when all of a sudden, a civilian Cessna; which was flying in restricted air space restricted for military use, crashed into is plane. The Cessna flew into his right-wing, destroying both right engines, and tearing a large chunk of wing off, including his aileron. All three people on the Cessna died instantly, but there was no harm to the cargo plane's crew. My grandfather was able to fight for control from this critically damaged plane, and while using all of his strength he had, was able to gain back control of the plane. The entire flight he flew at a steep list towards the right side, and in a slow turn to the right. He was able to get the plane to a lower altitude and was able to perform a near-perfect emergency landing at the nearest landing site. 

I hope everyone enjoyed these stories, and share their own.  o7

21 january 2020 13:31 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!