• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

Gamepass, an even bigger success in 2020?

Gamepass was undoubtedly one of the nicest surprises of this generations. It was even what some might consider the first step that the Xbox One took towards its redemption from the mistakes that Microsoft initially made at the beginning of this generation. But as this generation is ending, the value of this service is starting to truly shine, changing the rules of the game.

When you look at the library of games that Gamepass has to offer, you will most likely be very impressed by the wide range of different games from different genres. From smaller but wonderful titles like Frostpunk, Overcooked 2, FTL and Subnautica, to more popular titles like Rocket League, Sea Of Thieves, to even bigger titles and juggernauts like The Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto V and the nice Halo Master Chief Collection. Hell, The Division 2 was announced just recently to be coming to Gamepass aswell.

DmTs6dKPWcOrfnObyh6OctBVilXEUA.jpg

Not only are you getting an amazing selection of games in 2020, but you're also guaranteed to have all Microsoft 1st party titles on this service from day one. And when we look at the recent Studios acquired by Microsoft at the end of this generation, like Obsidian Entertainment and Ninja Theory, we see some potential huge hitters coming in the next generation. 
    And all of this, is coming from a PS4/PC owner, who only tried Gamepass recently on my friend's Xbox. I never thought it had all these gems in there. And since i wasn't following this service before, i thought it was just a bunch of Halos and Forzas thrown in there with Sea Of Thieves.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour

And also as a PS4 owner, i want this service to have major success in the upcoming generation so that Sony does the same and offers a their great exclusives on a service like this.

In the end, this is what it's all about. It's not about petty insults and fighting over who has the better box, it's about bringing joy to millions of players no matter what they play on. And Gamepass feels like a game changer in that regard. Offering excellent value and amazing experiences.

Now, there are some concerns as nothing is perfect. Many wonder, is this sustainable? Will Microsoft keep delivering on this service? Well Phil Spencer was asked about this and what he had to say 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-15-the-big-xo19-interview-xbox-boss-phil-spencer

"Gamers in general, there is sometimes a tendency that the more walls we put up around things, the more valuable it is. But if we're focused on growing the games industry, we should not be less accessible. We should be more accessible. We had this argument for years over cross-play. Should we allow people to play across different platforms? Or does that somehow diminish the value of an individual platform?

The thing at the highest level, which will probably get me in trouble, is as gamers you should focus on what you want, not focus on, like, my P&L [profit and loss statement], or the P&L of the console you chose to invest in. I see this dialogue about somebody worried that somehow Xbox is gonna make less money, or their console is gonna make less money if they tell me a game is going to be on a different platform before it actually comes out, or it's gonna be in a subscription, which is really what I want, but somehow that's gonna mean less money for them so I don't want them to do that because I'd rather pay more money so...

You should focus on you as a gamer and the things that matter to you. We as the people running the business - I am incented to run a good business inside of Microsoft and in the long term. I've been here for 31 years. I don't know that I'll make 31 more, but I'm not going anywhere tomorrow. We're building an Xbox business for the long run. I'll tell you, Game Pass today is a strong part of that, and it continues to get stronger, and it supports the building of great IP."

So far the signs are showing it to be the case, but you can never know for sure. All we know is that for now, this certainly is something special, and its future is looking quite bright.

18 january 2020 16:54 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!