• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

Tools for Gamers

Gamers don’t just need games, they usually also need tools to make their gaming experience better. Here are a few of the most useful tools that I think every gamer will find a use for! Before we begin: A lot of the tools are Windows-only, Linux gamers will have to search for alternatives, Mac users should switch rigs, and console peasants… know what to do.

This article has been rejected because I missed to fill in some fields. Everything is solved by now!

Gamers don’t just need games, they usually also need tools to make their gaming experience better. Here are a few of the most useful tools that I think every gamer will find a use for!

Before we begin: A lot of the tools are Windows-only, Linux gamers will have to search for alternatives, Mac users should switch rigs, and console peasants… know what to do.

Volume2
    Related image

This tool has a lot of functions, like skinning your volume changing popups and changing the volume changing speed. But the most usefull feature of this app is to set your own shortcuts for changing the volume, like Win+scrolling or Win+W and Win+S, what is mainly usefull if your keyboard doesn’t have dedicated keys for this task. This tool is only available for Windows, on Linux you usually can set up these shortcuts in your settings manager.

F.lux
    Image result for f. lux

F.lux is a tool that ads a orange hue to your screen at night, to make your nightly gaming sessions less grindy for your eyes. Some people may even be able to fall asleep faster after using F.lux, because your eyes don’t think it is day when you look at the screen. This tool works better than the built-in shield in Windows, because the color changes gradually; in Windowses own tool the color changes instantly. The downside of this tool is that you don’t see the true colors. Osu, for example, recommends to switch off F.lux when you play. This tool is available for all major operating systems.

Twitch Launcher / MultiMC

This suggestion is mainly if you play games with a lot of different mod packs like Minecraft or Kerbal Space Program. Usually, it is a hassle to switch from one modpack to another, or to install new mods. The Twitch Launcher enables you to search for mod(packs), install them and running your games without any hassle!

The Twitch Launcher is only available on Windows, if you need to manage Minecraft mods on other operating systems you can use MultiMC. It can install modpack zips and help keep your instances apart, but it doesn’t support downloading new mods from inside MultiMC

Gamehag

Well, to keep this list on topic, every gamer needs to either get a job or join Gamehag. Gamehag does give you… oh wait, I didn’t get hired to tell you all of this, you know what Gamehag does.

Discord

This one is for you, console peasants, because all PC gamers know this tool. Voice chat and text chat that beat Skype (and are even more messy than the Gamehag forums sometimes…) that run everywhere, just not on consoles. Well, you have a phone, so you might be able to install it there…

That are all the major tools I know of. If you feel I have missed something, don’t hesitate to add it down in the comments! And remember: gamers don’t just need games, they need other stuff like tools as well!

15 july 2019 19:43 1625

For Discord, you have both the desktop version and the web version, so it's worth trying both and deciding which one you prefer.

13 october 2020 03:08 1625

My computer a bad... or your text good :)

13 october 2020 22:06 1625

Wow I like the tools like the stearing.

14 october 2020 17:39 1625

nice, especially discord

15 october 2020 15:40 1625

Very useful tools. I'm definitely gonna try the F.lux tool, i really need that.

15 october 2020 17:45 1625

Very useful tools. I'm definitely gonna try the F.lux tool, i really need that

15 october 2020 18:59 1625

hey can someone give me some gems

16 october 2020 14:25 1625

yeahh ananı sikiyim oros bu arada bir twit atan bir yere almiyordular ne kadar

16 october 2020 14:30 1625

I am thinking of getting a fresh pc.

17 october 2020 04:13 1625

Some monitors have the functionality of flux built in, so some may not need it

17 october 2020 04:17 1625

For Discord, you have both the desktop version and the web version, so it's worth trying both and deciding which one you prefer.

17 october 2020 05:15 1625

For Discord, you have both the desktop version and the web version, so it's worth trying both and deciding which one you prefer. eahh ananı sikiyim oros bu arada bir twit atan bir yere almiyordular ne kadar

17 october 2020 05:15 1625

Razer cortex for a good RAM boost

17 october 2020 12:46 1625

Very useful tools. I'm definitely gonna try the F.lux tool, i really need that.

17 october 2020 15:21 1625

Very Nice useful to me this tools your the besr for me

18 october 2020 02:17 1625

when you got bad setup ( PC ) but your skill are high that's means you are good player without PC

21 october 2020 01:24 1625

oh m'y good thank toi so si Mich for this man sorry for m'y english am french

21 october 2020 01:47 1625

Susu provides you with an opportunity for a professional and professional experience business in ????????????to

22 october 2020 04:34 1625

En iyi Oyun Budur Gerisi Yalandır!!

23 october 2020 07:04 1625

yeahh ananı sikiyim oros bu arada bir twit atan bir yere almiyordular ne kadar

23 october 2020 11:22 1625

oh, thanks for these tools, I need something like Volume2, my games are often played very low volume. 😥
    And the F.lux excellent program. 👍

20 december 2020 16:15 1625

when you got bad setup ( PC ) but your skill are high that's means you are good player without PC

20 december 2020 19:38 1625

wow what an amazing article thank you so much

23 december 2020 09:34 1625

hello my need cpu gpu temperature tools

23 december 2020 23:58 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!