Community

How it works

Interested in getting rewards for free?
    $5 for every new user with code: EARNWEB5
    Register in browser or download mobile app to redeem your bonus:
    Register Download
    Earnweb QR

War Thunder: is it a good game?

So if your reading this article, your probably here to figure out if War Thunder is a good game to play. Well, as a person who plays War Thunder myself, i can tell you all about War Thunder, what the game is, what its like, what genres it is, etc. I hope this guide will help you figure out if you are going to download it and play it.

War Thunder is a free-to-play vehicular combat multiplayer video game developed and published by Gaijin Entertainment. its centered around 10 countries, in the game there is 3 different battle types (Air, Naval, Land) and 4 different vehicle types (Army, Air Force, Bluewater fleet, Freshwater fleet) 

Explaining The Vehicles.

All the countries have different vehicles in their arsenal. They also have ranks, the worst vehicles being in rank 1 and going up to rank 5 (Fleet) rank 7 (Ground vehicles) and rank 8 (Aviation). all regular vehicles that are in ranks are purchasable with Silver Eagles, a currency you get from buying packs, and winning battles (or participating in them as far as I know). their is also a separate category inside of ranks, called premium vehicles, which are purchasable with Golden Eagles. they are better than most of the other regular vehicles in their rank. There is also another another round of vehicle types inside of the 3 Main vehicle types.

Vehicle Types

Some vehicle types are more powerful than others, they also have different stats.
    Aviation Vehicle Types
    Fighters, Twin Engine Fighters, Strike Aircraft, Bombers, Jet Aircraft, Helicopters, and UCAVs.

Ground Vehicle Types
    Light Tanks, Medium Tanks, Heavy Tanks, Tank Destroyers, Anti-aircraft Vehicles.

Fleet Vehicle Types
    Barges, Boats, Sub-chasers, Destroyers, Cruisers, Battleships.

Pros & Cons of War Thunder
    Pros:
    Wide Variety of Vehicles - There are literally hundreds of planes and ground vehicles to unlock and control

Mixed Battles - Air vs Air, Ground vs Ground and Ground vs Air gives a much wider scale of combat that makes the game unique in the shooter genre

Strategic Combat - Combat is more slow paced and realistic, with players needing to plan ahead to get their kills and complete objectives

Huge Number of Maps - Though split between the various modes and campaign missions, the game has a ton of different maps to play on

Realistic Damage Mechanics - With more hit locations and damage effects in the game players can hinder, harm and destroy not just the vehicle but specific areas

Paid Items Not OP - The items that can be purchased in the game are far from game breaking and do seem to focus more on convenience over pay-2-win

Amazing Graphics - The vehicle, ground and damage details are all supremely well done, attention to the various effects create a very immersive experience

Cons
    Wildly Imbalanced Vehicles - Some nations' vehicles are skewed to be low performing in particular areas to make them more realistic to WW2 (which doesn't make things fun)

Grinding - Beyond Tier 1 and Tier 2 vehicles, getting Tier 3 or higher vehicles requires a lot of time, effort and grind to acquire them

Long Battles - Hard to have a quick match when you are free due to long queues and match times

Matchmaking - The player base isn't big enough to support a decent Matchmaking system, resulting in some very one sides battles

Damage Is Punishing - Sometimes the realism is at the expense of fun, with a single hit many vehicles can be made almost obsolete for the rest of the game

“Russian Bias” - Whilst not inherently correct, the negative aspects of USSR vehicles (particularly planes) rarely come into play due to the games playstyle in certain game modes (particularly Arcade)

Graphical "Bug" - A longstanding issue has been that by turning your graphics settings to low it removes the foliage that otherwise gives enemy players cover, making playing on high graphics settings a disadvantag

Authors Note: 
    I know this is small, and its probably not a good article, but i tried my best as its my first article on this website, please don't hate this.

18 june 2023 20:59 1625

Wathunder is the goated game, so much fun

19 june 2023 03:54 1625

Yes, it is one of the best web and online games about war.

19 june 2023 07:18 1625

Kratos vs Doomslayer Who better?
    i think kratos Because him Very strong,Durable very powerfull

19 june 2023 13:39 1625

yes war thunder is a very good game

19 june 2023 15:44 1625

thank you everyone for the support, i know its (in my opinion) not a very good article, but you guys are stating that its a great article, thank you for encouraging me

19 june 2023 19:50 1625

good game for all peapole

19 june 2023 23:51 1625

i agree with the title

20 june 2023 21:20 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!