Community

How it works

Interested in getting rewards for free?
    $5 for every new user with code: EARNWEB5
    Register in browser or download mobile app to redeem your bonus:
    Register Download
    Earnweb QR

Stardew Valley: Why You Should Play It

Have you heard of Stardew Valley or considering whether you should play it? Here's the basics and appeal of the game. :)

STORY

Stardew Valley begins with a cutscene of your character's grandfather on his deathbed. He says that he is leaving his farm to you to take over whenever you feel life has become too much. It then cuts to your character slaving away over a computer at an office job for a large company. You decide to quit and take your grandfather up on his offer to take over the farm and move to a quaint little town called, you guessed it, Stardew Valley. Here you are first introduced to Lewis, the town mayor, and Robin, the town carpenter who has spruced up your farmhouse. You are given 15 packs of seeds and sent into the game from this point.

GAME MECHANICS

Your starting inventory includes various tools, all of which include:

An axe! Use this to chop wood and cut trees down.

A pickaxe! Use this to mine stones, ores, and furniture etcetera.

A hoe! Use this to plow the ground to start planting seeds.

A watering can! Use this to water the seeds you've planted each day.

A scythe! Use this to cut grass, weeds, and harvest select crops.

On your second in-game day you also acquire a fishing rod and on your fifth day (if you visit the mines) you can also get a sword to fight enemies with.

VILLAGERS

There are a total of 28 NPCs that live in town, 16 of which you can date/marry at some point. When you get enough friendship points with villagers, they might send you mail with free stuff and you can unlock dialogue you wouldn't get by just being acquaintances.

MECHANICS

There are many parts of the game to enjoy. You can stay at your farm and spruce it up, go mining in the caves, go fishing in the various bodies of water, and if you are a completionist, there is a community center in which you have bundles to collect items for to get rewards! Did I mention there was a beach and a whole seperate island/map you can experience in later gameplay? There's also a desert to unlock, more to work towards! There are so many other things I could mention, but if you wanna play the game you can see yourself!

MODS

If you find that the vanilla game isn't enough to entertain you, mods are great and can expand the already wide range of possibility for this game! I recommend Nexus Mods and ModDrop for download, and you will also need SMAPI (Stardew Modding API).

WHY YOU SHOULD PLAY

This game is very player-friendly. If you enjoy casual gameplay, you can take your time cleaning up your farm and working to make it nice!
    If you want to complete the game, there is a way to do so! Try going for all the achievements or completing the museum!
    If you like PVP, there is a mechanic in the mines in which you must fight monsters.
    If you enjoy roleplay and/or making new characters, you can make multiple game files!
    If you like playing with your friends, there is a multiplayer option!

In conclusion, if you seem interested in this lovely game and have a spare $15, go check it out!
    Enjoy gamers.

31 october 2021 17:32 1625

Really well explained, if I ifnd osme friends who enjoy it too I might give it a try

1 november 2021 15:37 1625

this game is very chill and fun!

2 november 2021 03:32 1625

thanks Im gonna have to play this game at some point now :)

2 november 2021 08:40 1625

this game is thanks

26 february 2023 14:09 1625

networking game

26 february 2023 14:10 1625

because the only way to keep networking is you keep playing

26 february 2023 15:26 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!