• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

Black Butterfly - Reviev

Black Butterfly is a game which was created and released by one independent creator - Rafael Braza. The maker gave life to animations and took care of dubbing all the characters we can find in the game. He also independently released this title under the flag of Studio 616 Games. Black Butterfly is the artist's first full-fledged work. The game was released on January 7, 2020 and it is available on Steam at a favorable price, which certainly encourages the purchase.

The game starts with a short prologue. The terrifying voice of the narrator tells about the dark, eighteenth-century Black Butterfly sect, which aimed to transform all people into dangerous zombies. However, the plan was thwarted and many sect members were sentenced to death at the burning stake in the trial against witches. Several members of the Black Butterfly, however, escaped and hid in a forest in a small village.

In the prologue, we also encounter Isaac, who tells his story. The man used to live a happy life alongside his wife Jill and their little son - Carl in a small town. One night, however, an unfortunate accident occurred that resulted in the death of little Carl. Depressed parents tried to "move on", but the traumatic experiences did not let them forget about the death of their child. Isaac and Jill decided to move to a small village in the woods ... The game starts 2 years after moving out of town. We start in a large, elegant room at the Isaac&Jill’s house. Crossing the room and getting to know the surroundings takes a few moments. Despite the nice decor and noticeable wealth, the house seems cold, empty and gloomy. At this point we also meet Jill, who is clearly still unable to accept the death of her son - the woman sits motionless in a chair, staring at the "altar" created from the pictures of her child.

A moment later, after passing through the door, there is a cut scene, and we return to the story after another year. At this point, the game begins to serve real shivers on the back. There is a storm, the electricity went out, and the beautifully decorated house doesn’t look anything like before. It is full of old junk, wooden crates and empty furniture, as if much more time has passed and many more events have occurred... We find disturbing letters, frightening photos, traces of blood and much more terrible items which are suggesting something bad happened. Isaac wanders around the dark, empty house, searching drawers and cabinets, he also tries to find his wife. We can find a kerosene lamp, ammo and a pistol very quickly. At some point we also find Jill, who does not look like we remembered her from the photos and the first act of the game. The woman cries blood and screams at Isaac, who has to shoot her in self-defense. This gives rise to a series of disturbing events. The man discovers that the wife was trying to perform some dark ritual that could be the reason for her transformation...

After killing his wife, the devastated Isaac runs out of the house to discover that the whole village looks damaged and deserted. Dozens of corpses are found in neighboring houses, some in very poor condition, suggesting that it wasn't just Jill who had contact with the Dark Forces. At this point, the real roller-coaster ride begins. It is dark everywhere, and the tension is fueled by Isaac's accelerated, frightened breath that we constantly hear. At some point, we discover that policemen in scary masks covered in blood are running around the village, chasing our hero and laughing wildly. Then it's getting only worse ...

Despite the graphics suggesting production in 2005-2007, the game is very interestingly made. The overwhelming darkness and atmosphere of the game distract attention from inaccurate details and simple characters. During the first few minutes of the game we have the chance to become familiar with the mechanics and controls. Useful tips (tutorial) are shown in the upper right corner in the first act of the game, but you can also find them cleverly camouflaged in the game, for example on the wall in the form of a small poster, which is worth appreciating - both because of the idea and its implementation. At this point we also discover that the game, in addition to the heavy atmosphere of survival horror, also serves us interesting puzzles - there are logical elements at every stage of the game. Opening doors, boxes, performing certain tasks requires finding hints and a bit logical thinking.

It is also worth noting that the game offers very limited equipment. Isaac must often choose what he can take to the backpack. In addition, the opponents are quite tough and move quickly - a few shots from a distance are not enough to defeat an opponent. Also the strength of the opponents is high, a direct attack causes the death of Isaac. This only fuels the atmosphere of anxiety and the survival nature of the game. The whole story is not very long - without going into details, the title can be beaten in about 2 hours, but when looking behind every corner, the story can provide entertainment for about 4-5 hours. At a first glance the title strongly brings to mind the first games of the Silent Hill series. The creator himself boldly admits that he was inspired by the series when creating his game. In summary, Black Butterfly is an interesting proposition for fans of horrors and games that require a bit of skill and effort. As a minus, however, we could mention the dubbing - the game offers audio in English (and subtitles in Portuguese), however, the accent and pronunciation of the dialogs, especially for English native speakers, can be a bit irritating. But if you can turn a deaf ear to it, the game guarantees a really large dose of entertainment.

15 april 2020 09:59 1625

ik this game is scary but he need to complete the mission to out

24 october 2020 14:46 1625

i dont like this game but im getting use to playing

25 october 2020 01:29 1625

why dont you like the game I dont like it neither Because they wouldn't even tell me how to level up and the games are hard.

8 november 2020 21:43 1625

Wait what is this game i wann play this one,its thrilling bruhh!

28 november 2020 04:56 1625

I like horror games but this game is crazy scary😫😫😖

10 january 2021 19:31 1625

Black Butterfly is a strong, if still somewhat vexing, thriller I'm glad I took the time to watch

17 january 2021 19:11 1625

Like. not hating the game or anything but there are just so many things that could have been done better

16 february 2021 13:15 1625

i dont like this game
    THIS IS GAME VERY SCARY

22 march 2021 07:48 1625

Subtitles in Portuguese, I as a Brazilian am happy with that. 😅

26 april 2021 04:44 1625

BUT I'M JUST SO SCARED ABOUT THIS GAME AND THE DEAD BODIES THERE CREEPING ME OUT LITERALLY CREEPING ME OUT

2 may 2021 01:36 1625

This is a bit eh.. remembers me of roblox horror games haha. But you should sitll give it a try, there are some cool animations.

8 may 2021 09:09 1625

this is a greater game ever I like it during weekends after busy working days

4 march 2022 09:10 1625

ahhh I so love this Game

19 august 2022 16:32 1625

I don't like horror games. 😰😰😰

11 september 2022 19:58 1625

its good game

20 september 2022 21:39 1625

SERIOUSLY ARE you serious man

10 march 2023 18:42 1625

i played it a bit i wasnt really interested

10 march 2023 18:46 1625

this game is very good

18 march 2023 16:30 1625

hey this game is scary i am playing the game i am very afraid

27 march 2023 16:40 1625

i have to check this game out some time

11 april 2023 13:41 1625

I love horror games not gonna lie, I may check out this game soon.

7 may 2023 01:23 1625

i dont like horror games they are so **** scary specially this one

12 june 2023 06:10 1625

its not cool butterfly ....

12 june 2023 13:49 1625

good game..

4 august 2023 12:26 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!