Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

[News] MarvelousGA's Partnership with GameHag ENDED

More information below.

10 october 2017 05:30 1628

One can only speculate what had caused the end between the two. However, I can make an educated guess on what had actually happened.

What was the final push factor which had caused their abrupt end? I will try to share with you in chronological order.

2:00 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    Incitement 3 Giveaway Started by GameHag.
    It was an Instant Win giveaway, so everyone who participated will receive a key for Incitement 3
    Giveaway link (Giveaway Already Ended): https://gamehag.com/giveaway/6
    Reddit post on /r/FreeGamesOnSteam about this giveaway: https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGamesOnSteam/comments/759jeg/incitement_3/

2:06 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    Steamburnerdutch (An active GameHag member) messaged Makin (GameHag's Staff Member) on Discord.
    Their conversation:
    "Steamburner - 2:06 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    The giveaway is giving out duplicated keys
    I checked myself and also got a duplicate
    See the #support channel [In GameHag's Official Discord]
    It's about this: https://gamehag.com/giveaway/6

Makin - 2:13 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    ok"

2:23 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    Several user reports about receiving an invalid/duped Steam key for Incitement 3 posted on the forum
    The final report was by Steamburnerdutch, who created a thread to ask if anyone had received a working Steam Key from that giveaway.
    He himself did not receive a working Steam Key.
    Read this thread here: https://gamehag.com/forum/t/21465-anyone-got-a-working-code-from-the-gamehag-giveaway

3:00 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    Incitement 3 Giveaway (Forcefully) Ended by GameHag

4:03 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    New Giveaway Started for Data Hacker
    It was an Instant Win giveaway, so everyone who participated will receive a key for Data Hacker
    Giveaway link (Giveaway Already Ended): https://gamehag.com/giveaway/7
    Reddit post on /r/FreeGamesOnSteam about this giveaway: https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGamesOnSteam/comments/75adwf/data_hacker_initiation/

4:49 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    Statement by Chrissu, GameHag's founder, on Steamburnerdutch's thread, apologising for the invalid thread and immediately ending the giveaway for Incitement 3.
    Statement by Chrissu:
    "Sadly, we had some issues with our provider and we have received many bad game codes. This giveaway has been cancelled and we have already started an other one, sorry for the trouble!"

5:20 PM 9th October 2017, Monday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    Announcement released by @Daniël#2807 (MarvelousGA's founder) on MarvelousGA's Discord, criticising GameHag for their "lack of professionalism", and breaking all ties with GameHag.

10 october 2017 11:13 1628

This might not be the only factor which had led to the end of MarvelousGA's partnership with GameHag.
    Other factors may include (Source: One of MarvelousGA's Discord Member):
    1) Rigging of chests
    2) Delay on rewards
    3) Refusal of tasks despite their meeting the requirements
    4) Marvelous support doing GameHag's support's work
    5) Chest codes expiring too quickly
    6) Receiving differing amounts of Soul Gems for identical tasks due to difference in location
    7) Duplicate Steam Keys for cheap rewards (Such as Reset 1+1)

10 october 2017 11:21 1628

That might be true, but it's only marvelousGA's side of the story

1)I have received duped keys on marvelous
    2)I have lost my keys because marvelous republished them on dupedornot while i kept them for trades
    3)MagicCookies(marvelous) got paid in Paypal, instead of the rewards like the rest of us
    4)MarvelousGA snatched away people's referrals which they worked hard on getting
    5)MarvelousGA kept reported expired Gamehag codes with an available keycount published on their site
    6)Gamehag codes are meant to be given away, not sold for tasks
    7)It was almost impossible for users on Gamehag to compete with MagicCookies in daily rank
    8)Gamehag provided service to marvelousga in forms such as replacing referrals when asked to Misty
    9)The best keys on marvelousGA (triple A keys) were only available as RANDOM rewards in Gamehag chests

Also when users on Gamehag receive a duplicate key they can contact support and they will be refunded

10 october 2017 11:50 1628

Thank you Steamburner, for adding to the other side of the story. 🙂

10 october 2017 11:59 1628

Hi there, to be clear, I'm not the Gamehag's founder :) I'm the Community Manager for the French and international version of our application. Although I will not write about the event mentionned above, I will try to clarify some things listed by Kabash.

1. The chests are certainly not rigged. Please bear in mind that the chests are cheaper than the reward itself. You may or you may not get the reward you want, this is the same thing for any chest in any application. If you want to be sure you will get the game you wish to have, please consider to keep some Soul Gems for you reward. Also, remember that the codes you got from any third-party partner where totally for free and you did not have to spend anything, even the points you got.
    2. The delays is a thing we are working on unceasingly. We want to provide any reward as soon as possible - we are still optimizing our cooperation with our partners in order to keep up with sending you the codes. Bear in mind that the rewards are usually sent within 10 minutes to 72 hours. Some of them are delayed as we were currently out of stock (we always try to disable the unavailable rewards asap) or because we have to verify the orderer's account closer. If it happens that your reward has a considerably big delay, always try to reach our support. We are here to help you guys!
    3. We do know that the task refusal may be a bit confusing, that is why we recommend to read the FAQ first if such event happens. However, even if a task is rejected, you can still contact Misty. There is no such option that a task which was completed correctly will stay refused.
    4. Our support team is working hard to help everyone. We have created our own Discord server as we have seen, that this support method is really appreciated by you, guys. There was certainly no such need to have any third-party person doing their work, although we care about any help provided by our users - yes, Steamburner, I am writing to you :) I will always read your feedback, so if there is any issue you have with our support you can always reach me :)
    5. All the codes we generate have a limited availability. However, any report of this kind always resulted in extending the code's lifetime. We have started recently our own giveaway system which does not have such issues and everything is officialy supported by our team.
    6. Each country is treated by us individually and we always try to provide as much of possibilites to get Soul Gems as we can.
    7. This is an issue I have already wrote about in an other thread. We have received various reports about duplicated game codes and we are aware of this problem. Anyone who wrote to us and provided a valid proof received a refund. We do apologize for this inconvienience and I can assure you we will choose our providers more carefuly :)

10 october 2017 13:24 1628

Hi Chrissu! Thank you for clarifying the above. 😁
    Those had been made by a user from MarvelousGA's Discord. Hence, their comments will be biased towards MarvelousGA and will criticise some parts of GameHag.

Knowing that, we would like to see both sides of the story as well as opinions from about this issue, therefore I have included MarvelousGA's opinion while Steamburnerdutch has kindly included GameHag's opinion. With that said, I appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to type out a reply to each and every comment made by MarvelousGA's member. I will be relaying this information back to him, and I hope that you will not mind that.

I wish GameHag all the best from now, and I will continue to support both GameHag and MarvelousGA whatever the future might look like for them. 🙂
    I apologize for referring you to as GameHag's founder, but if you don't mind, could you please inform me on who had created this wonderful site?

Thank you, and I hope you have a great day ahead!

10 october 2017 16:13 1628

👍

10 october 2017 18:11 1628

thanks Chrissu! :) I hope it will help us to get more quality conversations

10 october 2017 18:42 1628

Also - it is not an "account suspension" strictly spoken, but you will not be able to write comment for a certain amount of time :)

2 august 2019 06:05 1628

I agree with everything you've just said, though I still think that losing a deal with a key provider is still quite bad. P.S I'm of two minds about the trading card thing. It promotes quality in Steam games but it also removes one of the two ways I earn steam credits. :(

2 august 2019 06:06 1628

It's stupid that you have to get steam level 5 they could make a better thing for the giveaways system like community badges that you have to do kind of a lot to complete them but not all of them just the ones you don't need a non-limited account for them. also I did not understand almost any of that highest message it's just too full of the time it happened etc.

2 august 2019 06:06 1628

Wait, what did they experience that made them break up their relationship with Gamehag? Seems like a pretty important detail to me that they conveniently didn't mention. Well whatever, less codes in the future, more people asking for them...

13 august 2019 14:46 1628

To comment you have to be logged in!