Community

How it works

Interested in getting rewards for free?
    $5 for every new user with code: EARNWEB5
    Register in browser or download mobile app to redeem your bonus:
    Register Download
    Earnweb QR

Rogue Company: The next best F2P Shooter

Rogue Company, to me, is the most promising multiplayer game out there that is free. Why? It delivers on what recent games failed to give the userbase. Think of character skills from Overwatch...but...not too in your face. Think of CS:GO or Valorant but...not TOO reliant on gun play. We get this game.
    Note that I've done my best to make sure this is an original true review of the game. Thanks for reading.

I know what one might think. Oh boo hoo, another spin off shooter that's similar to the one's that are already mainstream. But hey, the mainstream stuff gets boring FAST. Sometimes you're not looking for a better game, you might just be looking for something different, something fresh and promising, something that doesn't push cosmetics down your throat along with lootbox mechanics....*cough cough*.

In comes Rogue Company, which to me is the most satisfying shooter that I had not even heard of prior to almost the end of it's open beta. I expected the graphics to be unappealing as how Fortnite is, but surprisingly it was pretty up to par, and I loved the map design. A lot of work was put into it and it shows!

Right from the get go, you get to choose a character of your desire that comes with a preference for two kinds of guns, and a special skill that recharges over time. I personally liked Dallas, who's ult reveals the nearest enemy location and it refreshes cooldown if I get a kill. If I ever get one, that is.
    One glaring thing I noticed the second I landed on the map was that it was third person! Not just that, but they added nifty keybinds so your character can tumble roll, and also switch third person perspective (peeking left or right). This much attention to detail is not something I'm accustomed to seeing, even though it is TPP and I would much prefer FPP (First person perspective).

Rogue company is primarily a 4v4 player game, with three game modes: Demolition, Extraction and Strikeout. Though...I just prefer to stick to classic team death match because I like the casual atmosphere of the game. Demolition has the exact same objective as CS:GO, and Extraction is both teams trying to plant on the same site, with no respawns. Strikeout involves simply killing the enemy team a bunch of times and holding a spot that further reduces their spawn count too.

I quickly got into switching between assault rifles, smgs, DMRS, sniper rifles or simply rocking out my pistol/revolver because of the number of weekly missions at my disposal. Hey, at some point I just went though with buying grenades and pistols as my start just so I can hit as many people as possible and finish my weeklies.

What I love about the game the most is how it runs well on my system when other games suffer a lot. I get 120 FPS on Warzone, for example, and dislike battle royale entirely and much rather just play the shorter game modes. Meanwhile, I easily hit 240 FPS in this game which is perfect as 240Hz is my monitor's refresh rate. The clarity and visibility of the game is unaffected and this is especially noticed when playing a sniper.
    My only qualm is the lack of text chat, and the revive mechanic being a bit finicky, often cancelling itself on it's own. That being said, the voice chat is really good. Similarly, I also had issues in the open beta prior to the games release but I would more so blame it on Nvidia drivers not being out for the game yet, than the game itself.

In conclusion, it is a great game to try out, and is on the Epic Game Store. It is completely F2P supported as anything you pay for is solely for cosmetics, and I highly encourage it. I play on Europe, and the servers seem stable and the people seem really nice too. It is definitely worth a try, and I'm sure you'll come back for seconds.

6 october 2021 06:08 1625

its also on the steam store

6 october 2021 12:43 1625

no more fortnite, no more card fortnite this giveaway is ended

7 october 2021 13:56 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!