Rewards

Community

How it works

Interested in getting rewards for free?
    $5 for every new user with code: EARNWEB5
    Register in browser or download mobile app to redeem your bonus:
    Register Download
    Earnweb QR

Civilization VI - the past, the present and the future (review)

This was one of my favorite turn based strategy game, if not my favorite one
    In this article, i will show you everything about this game.
    About the game:

The game starts in 4000 B.C. (you can set what year should be game end), before starting you can choose from 31 civilizations (there is even more with DLCs) and every single civs have different units and play styles. 
    for example, America has:

• P-51 Mustang for their special unit
    • Their special building is a Film Studio

eras:

You start in the Ancient Era, with 1 settler and 1 warrior. As you progress on the research and civics tree, you will progress eras too. Here are the eras: 
    1. Ancient Era
    2. Classical Era
    3. Medieval Era
    4. Renaissance Era
    5. Industrial Era
    6. Modern Era
    7. Atomic Era
    8. Information Era
    9. and finally the Future Era, which is only available in the Gathering Storm DLC
    Every era adds something new the game, so when you reach an era (lets say, the atomic era) you will unlock a lot of new weapons, buildings, upgraded roads and a lot more (in the atomic era case, you will unlock the nuclear weapons, after you research it)

Gameplay:

There is a lot of gameplay mechanics in this game, it would take at least 1-2 hours for me to write the whole game mechanics down, so I will try to only write down the important ones.

Every city that you have can be upgraded, and you can build districts next to it. Districts can generate more income, production speed, units, research and food. There are also special districts, every country (civ) has at least one special district. There are also wonders, these take a lot of time to build, but they provide great advantages!

There are also the Great People, they can be really useful. They can be only earned once, by only one civilization. Each Great Person, has a different ability. Some of them provide research points, add more gold income, makes units deal more damage if the units are standing next to the great person etc.

When you are at war with somebody, you need to completely destroy a city (lower its hp to 0) and kill every military unit that is inside it. You can only capture a city with a melee unity (tanks, infantry, swordsman etc)

Rivers and seas are really useful, if you build a commercial district next to a river or a seaport (sea ports needs to be on a sea tile, next to a land tile), you will earn more gold from it.

Soundtrack:

Some musics in the game are really good, some of them not so much. The sounds (explosions, fighting etc) are fine too, the explosions sounds the best in the game, in my opinion.

Graphics:

Some people don't like this game's graphics, because civ 1 to 5 had a "realistic" look, while civ 6 has a stylized look. I personally like these graphics.

The left picture is from Civ 5, the right one is from Civ 6, let me know which of these you like better!

DLCs:

The game currently has 2 major DLCs, the other ones are just more countries.
    These are the 2 major DLCs: Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm (coming in early 2019).

Rise and Fall:

the DLC's key features are the following:
    • Loyalty (your cities can rebel against you, and join an another civilization if you don't keep them happy)
    • Governors (helps keeping cites happy, so they wont rebel against you)
    • Great Ages (every era end, you get an "age" that can be dark age, normal age, golden age, great age. The dark age gives you negative effects for the next age, the normal age gives neutral effects, and the other ones give positive effects.
    Gathering Storm: 
    All we know about this one, is with this DLC, you will be able to progress to the future, and there will be Environmental effects (global warming, tornadoes, volcanoes, floods, droughts, sand storms and a lot more)

More leaders, and a more advanced building and unit recruiting mechanics.

New scenarios:
    WW1; Germany wants to capture the french if they are successful, they will get France's cities.
    Europe; the black death.

Multiplayer:

It works just as the single player, its round based, but with real people instead of bots.

My thoughts:

I played this game a lot (around 50 hours), and I still enjoy it. I don't played the multiplayer that much, because non of my friends wants to play this game. I am really exited for the Gathering Storm DLC, because it has my country in it (Hungry, if anyone is curious) and also a lot of interesting features. I recommend everyone trying this game out for sure.
    Hope I helped with this article, and have a great day!

29 december 2018 01:44 1625

Sounds like an interesting game

29 december 2018 02:59 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!