• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

CS:GO SKIN OVERVIEW (FOR BEGINNERS/NEW PLAYERS)

An article that focuses on skins in a game called Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Made for new players by an experienced player.

An article that focuses on skins in a game called Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Made for new players by an experienced player.
    What are skins?
    Skins are visual/aesthetic looks for different weapons in CS:GO. They DO NOT bring any advantage in game other than better visual experience. Obviously, different people have different tastes and therefore no everyone will like the same skin, however I'll try to explain the history, market value, pros and cons and other aspects of skins in this article. Besides skins, there are keys, graffiti, stickers, music kits and other items that don't have a much of a meaning or aren't popular. There are also StatTrak skins which count your kills with that particular skin (they are rarer and cost more).
    The skins were first introduced in a 2013 update and from then they played a great role in the gameplay and development of the gameitself.

Different tiers of skins:
    Tier of skin basically tells how valuable the skin is (how high is the skin's quality or how rare is it) and that should should reflect in the skin's price (the higher the tier is the more expensive the skin is). I should warn you that the skin's quality doesn't always reflect it's aesthetic looks as there are very cheap skins for cents and vice versa, there are ugly skins that cost fortune, but again, it's all personal :)
    There are 7 tiers (from most common to the rarest ones): Consumer Grade, Industrial Grade, Mil Spec, Restricted, Classified, Covert and Contraband. You may read more about these here: http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Skins

How to get skins:
    There are 5 ways of getting skins: Getting a drop in a server, Opening crates with keys, Trading for them, Buying them on third-party sites and Buying them on Steam Community Market. Recently Valve added a 7 day trade hold for any CS.GO item meaning that when ever you get a skin by any of these 5 methods, you'll have to wait 7 days before you trade/sell them. 
    Also, be careful when buying skins as there are many scammers looking to steal people's skins. I recommend buying skins from Bitskins, as it's the most popular skin market on the Internet and the prices are way lower than on Steam Community Market.

Skin economy:
    It might come to your surprise that many people earn their paycheck trough CS:GO skins but that is true. What most of these people do is fairly simple: They buy low and sell high. It sounds simple but it isn't. The skin market is huge and there are special rare skins with different patterns and colour schemes which drastically increase their price. The basic rule of the skin market is supply-demand: the higher the quantity the lower the price and vice versa. Due to the recent 7-day trade hold which I talked about, many skins have dropped in price and most of the people stopped trading/reselling skins for living. There was a gambling scandal with skins causing many gambling sites to close. Also, the biggest market place OpSkins recently closed which drastically lowered the price for many skins.

Closing notes:
    As you could have read in my article there are many pros and cons of skins. They bring the aesthetics up and personalize your game more. However, they are expensive, complicated and most importantly they don't bring you any advantage in game (which is good) other than the aesthetic appeal. If you wish to buy skins, I suggest you do it on your budget. Don't spend too much and you'll be good. Thanks for reading and check out my other articles :)

16 july 2018 15:56 1625

its so cool and look good

26 july 2019 17:43 1625

Nice tutorial yes :)

26 july 2019 22:11 1625

I like dragon lore!

26 july 2019 22:41 1625

Nicely done as always. As for the introductory paragraph, it's best to use proper grammar as well. You can also show the characters you explained with some.Wow so cool bro, i love how ur well thought out response to this epic game. Ur defs an epic gamer bro xx

27 july 2019 02:44 1625

Great information! i use Discord and of course Gamehag:)

27 july 2019 02:44 1625

nice tutorial my brother

27 july 2019 02:45 1625

how do u play cs go anyway

27 july 2019 09:24 1625

skins are very expensive but still give half of my salary: D

27 july 2019 10:29 1625

Nicely done as always. As for the introductory paragraph, it's best to use proper grammar as well. You can also show the characters you explained with some.Wow so cool bro, i love how ur well thought out response to this epic game. Ur defs an epic gamer bro xx

27 july 2019 10:43 1625

I havent got skin on Csgo, sad.

31 july 2019 15:51 1625

amazing

31 july 2019 16:07 1625

bom Dia ainda nao sei como mexer muito bem ainda estou aprendendo

31 july 2019 16:19 1625

#normlife bebeğim

1 august 2019 17:14 1625

Five seven angry mob çok iyi

2 august 2019 14:04 1625

thanks 😁

2 august 2019 20:26 1625

great info dude thanks

2 august 2019 20:26 1625

I can't wait to redeem a skin from here, I am excited

2 august 2019 20:34 1625

Great tutorial!

3 august 2019 21:33 1625

like this article, i would be glad if there were more articles like this

4 august 2019 20:51 1625

Don't get me wrong, but am I the only one who feels that some skins are just overpriced :/

13 august 2019 12:24 1625

i've only got a few skins would love a dragon lore, or something like the vulcan for my ak47.

13 august 2019 12:30 1625

CS:GO most EXPENSIVE skin is dragon lore awp then you use dragon lore people will steal your dragon lore then you die its also can be use as a trap

14 august 2019 16:04 1625

Whenever I open crate, i get some cheap skin.

19 august 2019 09:43 1625

never buy key from market. its waste of money.

19 august 2019 10:05 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!