• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

Is Fortnite as good as it was?

So... Fortnite: Battle Royale... Love it or hate it, you really must admit it absolutely dominated the video game industry between 2017 to 2019. Even if you had never played it, it would be impossble if you had never heard if this game. Kids everywhere were doing famous dances from the game such as the Floss or Orange Justice and there was even an online competition to get your own dance in-game

So for those of you who had been living under a rock, Fortnite Battle Royale is a player-versus-player game for up to 100 players, with many diverse game modes such as solos, or you could team up with friends in duos or (even better) squads, which can contain about 3 or 4 players in the game with you. Weaponless players airdrop from the Battle Bus which crosses the wide and unique map. When you land, you must find chests that contain weapons, healing items, and resources. You can even drive vehicles.

The purpose of the game is to stay alive and to attack and eliminate other players. Over the course of the round, the safe zone of the map shrinks down in size due to an incoming storm barrier; players outside that threshold take damage and can be eliminated if they fail to quickly evacuate. This forces the remaining players into tighter spaces and encourages player encounters. The last player, duo, or squad remaining is the winner, earning a 'Victory Royale"

The reason me, and millions of people love this game is because it appeals to both adults and kids alike. I remember the days where me and my friends would get into game and get a "Victory Royale".

Of course, not all good things last forever, right?

But recently, I felt like Fortnite had downgraded from Chapter 1. Chapter 2 got rid of a lot of elements that held the community together such as Patch Notes for the next update. Players had to scurry for new content to enjoy the update.

Secondly I felt the community had taken a sharp turn, there were many toxic players (most of them children) complaining about small things such as the season-ending event that was delayed multiple times. This time was because of the protests in America. I found it very insensitive indeed. And I also thought Epic was putting to many gimmicks into what was a fun shooter game, for example this season had a agent theme with agent bases with fake players which reminds me..

Hm6QdALH0I4ZwYjG41CweFdbjKifBA.jpg
                                                                         A "Henchmen", one of Fortnite's new AI in game enemies

I felt that there were too little real players in the matches I play, instead using bots as a substitute. The feeling of knowing that there were unskilled AIs in-game, which defeats the purpose of Fortnite's competitiveness.

I also did not really fancy Fortnite having so many crossovers. There was Marvel crossovers like the Avengers Infinity war Thanos crossover, there was a weird Wreck-It Ralph: Ralph breaks the Internet event, a DC's Batman crossover, another Marvel crossover and even a Star Wars event that gave us those broken lightsabers. Oh, did I forget? Deadpool is in this Chapter 2 Season 2's Battle Pass. I really, really think Fortnite should stop milking other franchises and continue being the game it once was, a fun Battle Royale game. Also, there has been a lack of content in Fortnite's other game mode, Save the World, which is a Player-Versus-Environment game that is actually decent. Epic Games said they were going to make it free in 2018 or 2019 if I am not wrong and it still has not happened.

tdVqRPhVR8PDLG27ILBybdn1ZlejXD.jpg
                                                                     The Avengers Endgame crossover event. One of many examples of Fortnite's crossovers

I also really hated when kids would beg their parents to buy V-Bucks which is a currency to buy cosmetics. I find the creator community such as streamers toxic a lot and it can get pretty annoying.

In my opinion, Epic Games need to give a better gaming experience for it's diverse community. I hope they could really improve the game after this whole virus and protests situation as I appreciate all their hard work and they deserve a break sometimes.

Hopefully Epic Games can give us, the community, a better experience in Chapter 2 Season 3 as it is one of the best games I have ever played and I don't want to see it die out.

AD0oEYqeSXjRQsE9ZNkU1DjDOTP1jn.jpg

8 june 2020 06:51 1625

Who knows the game could jave just been to make money

11 june 2020 01:01 1625

Every update can bring different surprises

11 june 2020 01:14 1625

Fortnite was good but know the 9 year olds play i get tilted every time

11 june 2020 08:56 1625

No lmao it was never good anyway

11 june 2020 09:40 1625

Hi everyone l am here to my Comments

11 june 2020 10:23 1625

sa exp nasıl kasabilirim bilen anlatır mı lütfen

11 june 2020 12:49 1625

i think it is for children rn its pretty old in my opinion

11 june 2020 14:41 1625

Fortnite was fun back at season 4 and 5 but now, it's just complete garbage at this point

13 june 2020 05:06 1625

its probably no

18 june 2020 13:25 1625

it because its so raging

18 june 2020 13:26 1625

basd game

18 june 2020 14:26 1625

its really bad game becuse this game have hackers sso much man

its so badly for me i know

good game i played this game and i really like