• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

Let It Die -- Is it good? Bad? Pay-wall?

Let it Die, Where do I even begin with this game? It's got that style and kick that's very common with games made or directed by SUDA51. I mean it IS a Suda51 game. It's a rogue-like dungeon crawler game that brings in charm just like Dark Souls. Typically, you die and a lot of times, normally in gruesome ways. Sure, it's got microtransactions, and I won't shy from saying that I have spent a fair bit amount of money on this game. But it isn't exactly necessary to enjoy the entirety game. You just need to learn how mechanics work and you'll be set and fine. After all, it's a Free-To-Play (Not exactly) game. 

This game isn't exactly how you think it is. I won't be comparing it to games like the Soulsborne franchise, this is like it's own entity. 
    Like a typical RPG, you have to create your own character. They're called "Fighters". You can control them one at a time and either use the others to defend your "station line" or send them into expeditions against other players, which are called "Haters". Each "class" has it's unique perks and stats. Of course, it adds that special flavor into the game. Not one character is unique. Here is the list of all the "classes" in Let It Die.
    • All-Rounder - Basically, these types of fighters are all balanced in stats, you get them immediately after finishing the "tutorial level".
    • Striker - These are your high damage characters mixed with a balanced dose of health. They hit hard at the same time offer up a nice defense due to their high health.
    • Defender - These fighters are meant to tank damage. They're often what I use to defend my base. They boast a huge amount of health compared to the rest of the classes and with the right decals, they can be very annoying to deal with.
    • Attacker - Just like the "Striker" class, they have a HUGE amount of strength in exchange for health. Sure, they deal a lot of damage but you really have to be careful when you're using an attacker. I'd suggest using a "Tank" decal or something that increases your health regeneration on this type of attacker.
    • Shooter - This class is meant for weapons that are either ranged or basically a gun, they have a lot of Dexterity. Just as the name implies.
    • Collector - This is the class that you'll be often using to explore around the tower of barbs, the "dungeon" of the game. Anyways, they are very well capable of fighting with the right decals. They also have the higher death bag slots than other classes.
    • Skill Master - Basically you get an extra decal slot on this class. They are normal for me, to be honest unless if you have those "godly" sorts of premium decals then by gods, if you have those kinds of decals? You'll be able to fly past most of the early game.
    • Lucky Star - This fully depends on you, I prefer using the Collector class for farming since their backpacks are bigger in size but the Lucky Star has the bigger LUK stat than other classes in the game.

Now that you have a basic idea on the classes, let's talk about stats. Since this is still an RPG and stats actually matter. It can either be your death or survival in later floors. They are all divided in 6 types of stats. "HP" (Hit-points.), "STM" (Stamina.), "STR" (Strength.), "DEX" (Dexterity.), "VIT" (Vitality.), and lastly "LUK" (LUCK). Of course they are what they are. HP increases your maximum health, Stamina increases how much you can run around before getting exhausted and wide open for an attack/counter-attack. Strength dictates how much damage you can deal using physical weapons (Hey! That includes your fists! They are AMAZING on early games). Dexterity, as I have explained dictates how good your fighter will be with guns or dexterity based weapons. Vitality basically reduces the damage you take from combat and Luck is how good the drops are, that includes "Kill-Coins" or Blueprints for weapons and armor.

- A talk about the gameplay. - 

Early on in the tutorial, you'll be using the base class, the all-rounder. The developers did a wonderful job on explaining how the controls work. So it's easy to get into the game. But of course, the game's title is LET IT DIE. That basically means the character you used instantly dies after the tutorial level and the real game begins. Once your characters die, they return as an aforementioned "Hater" it's a game mechanic that gets very annoying in later floors. They often require you to fight your character to collect them and return them into your fighter freezer (Basically, your character slots). But you can use some of your Kill-Coins to salvage them. WARNING, if you choose to fight your Hater-fied character, THEY WILL LOSE EVERYTHING THEY HAD ON THEM. Decals, Items, Drops. Everything will be gone except for the premium decals you used on them. It's brutal when that happens on mid 20+ floors. On early floors, it isn't really a big deal. You can freely salvage your characters from floors 1-20. As soon as you hit floor 21, that's when they offer you to use your premium currency called, "Death Metals" to salvage them. I haven't explained that, have I? Basically Death Metals are like the platinum of Warframe. They are used for almost everything but I'd suggest you to use it to expand your in-game storage. You can also use Death Metals to revive on the spot you died for 1. They're like your tokens in an arcade game. 

c7WVGhNJppJguUyTk72AdLGfewdSlv.jpg
    ( Yes, that's the death screen.) Since the game is actually a game within the game, confusing? Welcome to SUDA51 games. According to the game, you're actually just a gamer playing on a console called, "Death Drive 128". And that game is also titled, LET IT DIE. I won't really get into too much of it. 

Would you like some tips? 

Be careful of the boss in Floor 16, she's sort of a minor "Pay-wall" for some inexperienced players. She can really munch on your supply of Death Metals. She's able to spam a single "special" attack that can really 1-hit a player if they're not careful. I suggest to bring some buff mushrooms and over-prepare. Bring spare weapons. 

Mushrooms.

I mentioned mushrooms, so I have to explain what they are now. Basically they're like your "buff" potions in games. But there's also a lot of types of beasts in the Tower which can give you health when you cook and eat them. For example, there's a beast in game called a pillbug. Sure. You can go and catch them and cook them, but what matters is the mushroom that they drop when they die. Pillbugs are like the life savers in the game, an "Extra Life". Their mushroom activates it's effects when you are critically hit, and instantly restore 50% of your max health. If you have a golden pillbug, aside for HUGE amounts of EXP, you also gain the Golden Lifeshroom that restores 100% of your health when you die.

9 april 2020 08:45 1625

TOP!!! Game

9 april 2020 08:47 1625

Yes, it is quite a grind.

9 april 2020 08:47 1625

It's allright

9 april 2020 09:21 1625

its pretty good

12 april 2020 00:56 1625

I'm pretty bored, I might as well spam to gain some exp

12 april 2020 01:02 1625

hello pls how do i go about this game i dont understand it ar all amd it takk g most of my time

12 april 2020 03:56 1625

how do i do this

12 april 2020 03:57 1625

so what people do is drop pointless comments just to get gems wow, i'm ***** rn

12 april 2020 03:59 1625

yes its very good

12 april 2020 06:37 1625

Better player wins!!!

12 april 2020 11:37 1625

i hope you guys got it!?!?!?!

12 april 2020 11:38 1625

i got it man!

15 april 2020 17:37 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!