• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

Krush Kill 'N Destroy (1997)

Post apocalyptic wasteland, giant crabs, spiders, scorpions... You know what that is, right?

Do you remember Krush Kill 'N Destroy?

j1v2hNt9VYo0rEpif9fG1HdzZplo9r.jpg

It is one of the rough diamonds of the 90s, a game that was launched in 1997, and the Extreme expansion came later that year.

The story of the game is set in the post apocalyptic near future, in which the world is divided between two factions: Survivors and Evolved. The first are what is left of the civilized world and are based on tanks, mostly conventional weapons, and the others use mutant animals and insects, along with monstertrucks and elephants.

vAdIiGPqiLSBRTcSqWtHVzZKaJod41.png

I really liked the game when I first played it because it was so simple and had a graphic that (at that time and age) fascinated me and reminded me of Mad Max. The Evolved buildings looked exactly as you imagined they would look, like scraps of debris giving the idea of a building. Oil rigs seemed unfinished, there were huge animal skulls and ribs that made up the main base, watch towers made of elephant tusks and so on.

QDoChngNC1ApxerRqjAnNA3hBlL3uL.png

Survivors on the other hand offered the hope that the world would go ahead. Their buildings were clean, perfect, they didn't feel like they could crash at any moment, the soldiers were in uniform, the cars were not made of scrap iron, and the defense towers were not soldiers in a crow's nest made of elephant tusks, waiting to be blasted away by a rocket. They were high-tech.

Another aspect that I liked very much was the ground on which craters were left behind after rockets and explosions droped. At that time, it was satisfying.

I played this game for a long time without getting bored, on only a few maps, because back then I had no internet, and what I got with the game was all I had to play with. But it didn't feel bad, the maps were well crafted, themed from city to forest and to the desert. It was very addictive to discover a ruined city and walk with tanks through it to the army of spiders and mutant scorpions that you didn't know where it was.

After you finished the upgrades you would reach the "ultimate", which in this case was an atomic weapon, capable of destroying much of the enemy base. I rarely used it because it seemed overpowered and I preferred a classic ground attack.

6yIrWyrXsa7JAeqnsg70mVfUq0iXI0.jpg

The game was an inspiration for other titles that followed and not in a bad way, because they were the titles we all know: Command & Conquer, Warcraft, Age of Empires. I'm not saying KKND was copied, but it is included in these titles as a piece of DNA.

At the time of writing this article, the game is on GOG, at the price of € 1.59, reduced from € 5.29 (-70%). And let's not forget who produced it, Beam Software.

Thank you guys for a game I haven't forgotten for so many years.

26 march 2020 12:20 1625

Looks kinda fun. It is from 1900's though. Pretty old game

9 june 2020 15:43 1625

nice article i agree

11 june 2020 07:15 1625

i just disagree with 1 part

11 june 2020 07:15 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!