• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

The Dalek Mod: Doctor Who Meets Minecraft

Disclaimer:
    This is a more advanced version of the article and is not plagiarism, both were written by me. These changes include more images and better grammar.

Minecraft, one of the most popular games to date. But it gets boring sometimes, people get tired of having to do and get the same things every time they play. That is why mods exist. Mods add things to the game to make it more exciting and more fun to play. Possibly the best of these mods is the Dalek Mod.

Doctor Who:
    For those who don't know, Doctor Who is a British Sci-fi show that is over 50 years old. It's one of the biggest shows there, and it's pretty big around the world. It's about an alien with two hearts, three brainstems, and a time machine that's bigger on the inside. Oh yeah, he can also regenerate when he dies, by this I mean his entire body changes. He is known as the Doctor.
    Doctors assemble: All Thirteen Doctor Whos unite for new project - Radio  Times

Overview:
    The Dalek Mod is made by the SWDTeam (don't ask what that stands for because no-one knows) and was created by 1WTC who is also known as John. This mod brings a whole lot of features to Minecraft that are related to the aforementioned Doctor Who. It adds many different types of mobs, guns, sonic screwdrivers which can be used to output a red stone signal, a built-in morph feature, multiple planets such as Mondas, Mars, and Skaro, the famous space and time-travelling machine known as the TARDIS, and probably most amazing, a new main menu with a built-in Dalek Mod server.
    m3dmjZp11R2IzpKT9nb5PIJbTE0FQf.png

A Mod for Anyone:
    And for those of you who think you wouldn't like the Dalek Mod just because you've never heard of or watched Doctor Who, well you're wrong. I have a few friends who had never seen a single episode of the show and once they started playing, it became quite a big thing between us, thus proving that you don't need to know the show to enjoy the mod.

Compatibility:
    One thing people might find as a downside is the fact that the latest version (at the time of writing) is only on 1.12.2, even though it has many versions from 1.6 to 1.12, they haven't reached anything further. The good thing is that they are currently working on a 1.15 update that people have been asking for them to add for ages.
    5ofGODkz0LbiVqKYfp64SEqRzJeeRj.png

All of Space and Time:
    The TARDIS, iconic vehicle of the Doctor, able to go anywhere in space and time. Now in Minecraft form. While it's impossible to go to any time or any planet in Minecraft, there is a wide range of places you can visit. We have Varos the desert planet, the Earth's moon, Skaro the planet of the Daleks, Trenzalore, Gallifrey the planet of the Time Lords (The Doctor's home planet), Classic Minecraft, Mars, Vortis, and Mondas the planet of the Cybermen.
    TARDIS | Dalek Mod Wiki | Fandom

DMU:
     Possibly the best part of the mod is the built-in server Dalek Mod Universe (DMU), it has a public survival server for everyone and a beta creative server for people who buy the rank. The community in DMU is truly great and extremely helpful. You don't need friends to play with because you'll make new ones. DMU has its own commands that allow people to trade with money and do a range of wacky actions.
    ok0rAT99DS4nEEtABNbGainhpC9jkE.png

Conclusion:
    Overall, the Dalek Mod is probably the best Minecraft mod out there, and since I did leave a few details out, you'll just have to play it yourself and find out.

20 july 2020 14:42 1625

I really like the idea behind this, good job on the hard work.

20 july 2020 15:24 1625

Thanks, I just wish it was properly published, so please go vote for it.

20 july 2020 15:26 1625

To comment you have to be logged in!