• Sign in Sign up

Collect

Rewards

Community

How it works

Check our new website for making money online - Earnweb.com

Novak Djokovic interview: The World No 1 on his pursuit of perfection part 2

And while Serena Williams’ quest for the first calendar Grand Slam since Steffi Graf in 1988 captured the imagination through the summer, until the American’s eventual demise against Roberta Vinci in the US Open semi-final, Djokovic ultimately came closer to the same achievement. If it hadn’t been for a surprise loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the French Open final, the Serb would right now be holding all four Grand Slam titles. “It’s the greatest year of my life,” Djokovic says, when we speak. Even more so than 2011, I wonder? After all, that was the breakthrough season in which he won three Grand Slams, Wimbledon for the first time and recorded a remarkable winning streak of 43 matches over five months. “No question. Of course, Wimbledon 2011 was perhaps the happiest day in my professional career but I feel I’m at my peak now, both physically and mentally. I have the experience now from so many matches, so many moments, and the patience that I perhaps lacked in the past. I guess I just feel more complete in terms of my ability to handle the emotions on the court, not having so many ups and downs in the tough matches.”

5 january 2018 21:48 1628

To comment you have to be logged in!